OFCCP acts on feedback from industries and stakeholder communities at seven Town Hall meetings held during 2019.
Between February 26 and October 23, 2019, OFCCP hosted seven Town Hall meetings with specific industries and stakeholder communities. The industries included tech, financial and related fields, legal and related fields, and educational institutions. The stakeholder communities included in VEVRAA and USERRA for Veterans and National American Outreach.
Based on the feedback obtained, OFCCP has developed an action plan to address six emerging themes:
- Assist contractors in conducting outreach to diverse talent pools by updating and developing new resources;
- Expand compliance assistance resources for contractors related to affirmative action programs and compliance evaluations, and allow for more dialogue between both parties during the evaluations;
- Improve avenues for collaboration between contractors;
- Enhance resources for protected veterans and their spouses, family, and other associates;
- Enhance resources to increase the effectiveness of the Indian and Native American Employment Rights Program (INAERP); and
- Enhance resources for disability inclusion.
OFCCP's goal is to noticeable difference in the quality, consistency, availability, and efficiency of compliance assistance materials, enhance resources, and increase transparency.
Click here to read more on the Synopsis of Town Halls.