President’s Budget Would Exempt Federal Contractors Who Receive the HIRE Vets Medallion Award from VETS-4212 Filing Requirement
Federal contractors who apply for and receive the 2020 HIRE Vets Medallion Award under the President’s budget would not need to submit a VETS-4212 report in the following year.
Federal contractors and subcontractors with a contract of $150,000 or more are required to report veteran employment data (38 U.S. Code, Section 4212). The application for the HIRE Vets Medallion Award requires that employers report on their hiring, retention, and veteran support, including aggregate employment data. Through the passing and signing of the Honoring Investments in Recruiting and Employing American Military Veterans Act of 2017, the Administration and Congress determined that organizations are worthy of recognition as exemplary veteran employers if they meet the criteria of the HIRE Vets Medallion Award.
The 2020 HIRE Vets Medallion Award Program is now accepting applications! Learn more and apply online at HIREVets.gov.
- The Award highlights organizations that have proven their commitment to hire and retain U.S. Veterans in good careers.
- The HIRE Vets Medallion Award is the only federal-level veterans’ employment award.
- Award recipients will receive a certificate, along with digital images of the medallion as part of their promotional activities.
- Nearly 200,000 Transitioning Service members are instructed annually in the Transition Assistance Program to seek out HIRE Vets Medallion Award recipients on HireVets.gov.
- We provide an interactive map to make the search easy at HireVets.gov/awardees.
- The application deadline is April 30, 2020.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the HIRE Vets Medallion Award Program at HireVets.gov/contact.