The DOL is seeking approval of an extension of the currently approved information collection request
On November 20, 2020, the Veteran’s Employment and Training Service (VETS) published notice in the Federal Register, as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act, concerning the collection of VETS-4212 data.
VEVRAA requires Federal contractors and subcontractors with a covered Federal contract of $150,000 or more to file a VETS-4212 to report on covered veterans. Contractors are required to track and report annually, using the VETS-4212 report, the number of employees in their workforces by job category and hiring location, who belong to a category of protected veterans, as defined by VEVRAA.
The VETS is interested in extending the current information collection request, approved under OMB No. 1293-0005. Specifically, they would like to receive comments on the following:
- “Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses.”
Comments must be submitted by January 14, 2021 and can be sent through one of the following methods:
- Email: 4212-FRN-2020-VETS@dol.gov. Include “VETS-4212 Form” in the subject line of the message.
- Fax: (202) 693-4755. Please send comments by fax only if they are 10 pages or less.
- Mail: Kenan Torrans, Director, Compliance and Investigations, VETS, U.S. Department of Labor, Room S-1325, 200 Constitution Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20210.
- Receipt of submissions, whether by U.S. Mail, email, or FAX transmittal, will not be acknowledged; however, the sender may request confirmation that a submission has been received, by telephoning VETS at (202) 693-4700 (VOICE) (this is not a toll-free number) or (202) 693-4760 (TTY/TDD).