Proposed request decreases headcount by 75 and budget by over 12 million
OFCCP’s current budget is $103,476,000 and for 2019, they have requested $91,000,000. They also proposed a headcount reduction from 525 to 450 with the desire to move toward Skilled Regional Centers of Excellence and decrease employees in the districts.
Other identified focus areas include:
• Continued attention on pay disparity in audits
• Emphasis on audits for Mega Construction projects
• Attaining a third-party accreditation for its contractor and compliance officer training program from the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
• Developing a recognition program to recognize contractors for best or model overall compliance program, best program for disability employment practices under Section 503 and best program for veterans under VEVRAA. For each category, recognition will be given to small, medium and large contractor establishments. The recipients for best overall program will be granted a one-time exemption from compliance reviews for up to five years.
• Building a help desk calling system
• Developing a Contractor Online Community of Practice (COP) for contractors and audit best practices sharing opportunities.