Some meaningful changes to the rules
Posted by OFCCP on July 26, 2019
As of June 20, 2019, the Functional Affirmative Action Program (FAAP) operates under a revised directive that better serves federal contractors covered by Executive Order 11246, Section 503 and VEVRAA. These changes improve the application process for FAAP agreements and ease burdens associated with maintaining FAAP agreements.
Key changes include:
• OFCCP will no longer consider compliance history when reviewing a request for a new FAAP agreement or termination.
• The agreement term is extended to five years, up from three years.
• There will be a minimum of 36 months between compliance evaluations for a single functional unit. This is 12 months longer than an establishment review.
• Complete FAAP applications will be determined within 60 days. Historically, there was no deadline.
• OFCCP no longer requires that FAAP contractors undergo at least one compliance evaluation during the term of their FAAP agreement.
Read the Directive HERE