The first FY2020 Directive follows the release of the CSAL list for focused VEVRAA reviews
In advance of Veteran’s Day, OFCCP released the CSAL list for focused VEVRAA reviews and Directive 2020-01: Spouses of Protected Veterans. The Directive’s purpose is “to ensure that federal contractors are not discriminating against spouses of protected veterans and to provide compliance assistance during compliance evaluations on how contractors can support the families of protected veterans.”
During a compliance evaluation, OFCCP will ask employees the following questions:
- if they are a spouse of a protected veteran;
- if they have coworkers who are spouses of protected veterans;
- for any observations they have concerning the treatment of spouses of protected veterans;
They will also direct employees to the following:
- a link to the online portal for military spouses maintained by the Veterans’ Employment Training Service on interstate license recognition options (https://www.veterans.gov/milspouses/); and,
- OFCCP’s online resources for employees and job seekers (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/VETERANS/VeteranResources.html).
Sample Policy Statement for Employment of Spouses of Protected Veterans
It is [Federal Contractor, Inc.’s] policy not to discriminate because of a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran. This includes spouses and other family members. Also, [Federal Contractor, Inc.] will safeguard the fair and equitable treatment of protected veteran spouses and family members with regard to all employment actions and prohibit harassment of applicants and employees because of their relationship or association with a protected veteran.